The rooms on the floor are reserved for classes and other events (including student-run events) as listed on the Rooms Schedule.
ROOM RESERVATION AND GENERAL USAGE POLICY:
Students may submit requests for the reservation of classrooms at ITP using the form on the Rooms Schedule.
Please keep in mind the following when requesting a room:
- Submitted requests are only that - requests. Your request will receive an approved, alternative suggestion or declined response via email from someone on the admin staff. Please keep in mind that priority in scheduling rooms is based on official ITP or University needs and that if approved, your request is subject to change. For this reason, this is not an automated process. If there is a need to bounce your reservation, you will receive an email from with as much advance notice as possible. For this reason, it is important that you provide a VALID email address when submitting requests.
- Consult the Rooms Schedule prior to submitting your requests (http://itp.nyu.edu/rooms/) to minimize the possibility of a conflict.
- Approved requests may obtain access to the classroom from either the Equipment Room or Tech Staff on duty.
- If you are more than 30 minutes late for your reservation it will be forfeited and the room will be made available on a first come - first serve basis to other students wishing to use the room.
- If you are bringing outside guests to ITP be aware that you take responsibility for their presence and actions on the floor at all times.
- The classroom setup (including the physical layout, general cleanliness and the technical setup) must be restored after your use of a room. Failure to restore the classroom to its proper condition and setup will determine future requests.
- If you have equipment needs for your reservation (i.e., "I want a dv cam, mic and tripod while using the room"), while you may note these in the submission form, equipment continues to be available on a first come - first serve basis unless special arrangements have been made through the Helpdesk. If you receive an approval for a reservation and need to reserve specific ITP equipment you should forward the approval with your equipment request to the Helpdesk (email@example.com). The Equipment Room and Tech staff will do their best to try and accommodate special requests but due to the nature of supply/student-demand this may not always be feasible.
Weekend and Evening Reservation Policy:
Requests for room reservations in the evenings must be submitted no later than 12:00 Noon on the day of the request. Weekend requests must be submitted no later than 12:00 Noon on Friday.
First Come - First Serve Policy:
If you wish to use a room during the day, in the evenings or on the weekend and you did not submit a request to be on the schedule, you may Check-Out the room from the Equipment Room as long as there is nothing scheduled for the time you wish to use the room. Rooms not scheduled are available on a first come - first serve basis. Keep in mind when checking out an unscheduled room you assume all of the same responsibilities as if you had gone through the reservation process including returning the room to the proper condition.