SAVE A TREE! PLEASE SELECT AND USE DUPLEX PRINTING WHEN INSTALLING A NEW PRINTER
PRINTING FOR MAC:
- Go to: Applications / Utilities / Printer Setup Utility OR System Preferences / Print and Fax
- Click "Add Printer" near the top
- In top drop-down, select "IP Printing"
- printer type: "LPD/LPR"
- printer addresses: 18.104.22.168 (lounge) or 22.214.171.124 (lobby)
See front of printer for IP address
- queue name: leave blank
- printer model: HP Laserjet 600 Series M602
- use generic postscript driver or download and install this: download
- printer locations:
- Admin Hallway (near Rozin's office)
Note: If you selected anything incorrectly, delete the printer and add a new one
PRINTING FOR PC:
- Drivers for printer here: download
- From Start, select "Printers and Faxes" then click on "Add Printer". When the "Add Printer Wizard" comes up, click Next.
- When prompted select "Local printer attached to this computer" (do not select Network printer) and uncheck (turn off) "Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play." Next.
- In "Select the Printer Port" screen, select "Create a new port" and select "Standard TCP/IP Port" from the dropdown. Next.
- The "Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard" will pop up. Click Next. In "Printer Name or IP Address" enter the IP address found on the front of the printer in the Student Lounge Area or Admin Hallway
- For Device Type in the next screen, select "Generic Network Card" Click Next. Click Finish and that wizard will close.
- The Add Printer Wizard will now go to a new screen, for you to select the type of printer you have.
HP LaserJet 600 M602 for both Lobby and Admin hallway printers
- You may want to rename the printer for ease of identification. Decide if you want this printer to be the default printer for your PC. Click Next.
- Click Next again because you don't want to share it through the Windows PC as it is already a shared printer.
- Click Next so that it prints a test page.
- Click Finish