Welcome to ITP!
Albert is a registration tool used university-wide to assist us with the registration process. We realize that it can be a bit complicated, but please do not worry. We have enough class sections to accommodate everyone, so please be assured that you will get all of the classes that you need.
Registration for first-year students opens in Albert on Thursday, September 1st at 11:30am EST.
Please follow the steps below to prepare for registration.
1. Activate Your NYU NetID
If you have not done so already, you will need to activate your NYU NetID and create a password as shown below. (Your NYU NetID consists of your initials followed by numbers and it is included in your acceptance information).
- Go to the NYU Information Technology Services (ITS) "Start" page.
- Enter your Net ID, click on the "Start" button and follow the online instructions.
- If you encounter problems, please contact ITS at (212) 998-3333
2. Get Your NYU ID Card
3. Edit Your Personal Information on the ITP Website
- After you have activated your NYU NetID, submit a photo for your NYU ID card online at the following link: https://photoid.nyu.edu/
- After submitting your photo, you will be sent a notification to pick up your ID Card from the NYU Card Center.
- The NYU Card Center is located at 7 Washington Place, on the corner of Mercer Street, and is open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00 pm.
4. Access the Student Center in NYU Albert
- Sign in to your NYU Albert account.
- Your username is your NetID and your password is the one you have created in Step 1. (Please note: your NetID and password are case-sensitive).
- Click on the Student Center link beneath the picture.
Student Center Overview:
You will use the Academics links for searching for and enrolling in courses. Here is an overview of the Academics links:
You can use the Course Search function to browse the courses for a given semester.
You can find all of ITP's courses listed under the header "Tisch School of the Arts" under "Interactive Telecommunications (ITPG-GT)."
We strongly advise that you create a list of class numbers for any classes that you are interested in taking in the fall (in advance of your registration appointment time). This will save you the time it takes to individually search for each course you would like to add.
- Class Numbers are the four or five digit number in parenthesis at the end of a course code.
- For a list of class numbers for all all 2016 ITP courses, click here.
Enroll / Add:
When it it is time for you to enroll, you can click on the Enroll tab in your Student Center, and then go to the Add tab. After selecting a term, you can either search for a class, or enter the Class Number (see image below).
Once you have selected a class to add, you have the option of joining the wait list if a class is full. To do so, you will click the box next to "Wait list if class is full" (see below).
Otherwise, hit the green NEXT button to confirm the add and to finish enrolling.
You will not be enrolled in a class until you hit the green FINISH ENROLLING button (see below).
Finally, you will be given a confirmation of your enrollment as well as the option to add another class (see below).
Important Notes Regarding Registration:
If you have any problems with registration, please contact Dante at 212-998-1881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are on a waiting list for a Tier 2 course, the system will automatically register you in the class if you are at the top of the waiting list (in position #1) and someone who was registered drops the course.
- NOTE: NONE OF THE TIER 1 FOUNDATION COURSES HAVE WAITING LISTS. IF YOU DON’T GET INTO YOUR PREFERRED SECTION OF A TIER 1 COURSE, YOU WILL NEED TO CHOOSE AN ALTERNATE SECTION. IF ALL SECTIONS ARE FULL, EMAIL DANTE (email@example.com) FOR ASSISTANCE.
- As ALBERT will automatically register you off a waiting list, you must carefully monitor your registration if you register for more than 18 credits (including waitlisted classes). Please check this daily. If you are enrolled for more than 18 credits after the add/drop deadline, you will be responsible for extra tuition and registration fees.
- You can NOT register for a class that meets at the same time as a class in which you are already enrolled.
- You can drop and add classes using ALBERT until Monday, September 19. After this date, you need to see Dante for approval to make schedule changes.
- Monday, September 19 is the last day to drop course without the permission of the Dean. If you drop a course after this date, you will receive a “W” grade (for withdrawal) for the course. Although withdrawals appear on your transcript, they do not affect your grade point average (for students who have them). For more information on TSOA academic policies, you can download a copy of the Tisch School of the Arts Policies and Procedures Handbook by clicking on the pdf link on the TSOA Student Affairs website: https://tisch.nyu.edu/student-affairs/important-resources/tisch-policies-and-handbooks
- Full tuition and fees are due by Tuesday, September 20.
- NOTE: We recommend that you DO NOT make major changes to your program without consulting your academic advisor. A minimum of 12 points (usually 3 courses) is required to maintain your full-time student status. If you drop classes and fall below this limit, you may jeopardize your standing in the program, your financial aid, and your visa status (for international students.)